CAPPA Seminar: Data Manipulation with Excel for Production Accountants – Part 2
Thursday, March 21, 2019
8:30 am – 4:00pm
Venue: University of Calgary, Downtown Campus, 906 – 8th Ave. SW, Calgary, AB
Check lobby screen for event room number.
Day of Registration: 7:45 – 8:15
Meals provided: Light breakfast snack, morning coffee break, Lunch, afternoon coffee break
Please advise of any dietary restrictions
Speaker: The Marquee Group
This hands-on course is intended for anyone who uses Excel extensively and who is already comfortable with the skills that were taught in “Data Manipulation with Excel – Part 1” (the skills in Part 1 are a pre-requisite, not the actual seminar).
In this course, participants will use a mock-up of some production data to analyze and overcome common data management problems faced by Production Accountants.
This session covers advanced level Excel topics that are required to manage and analyze data.
Attendees are required to bring their laptops with Excel loaded.
- Use Excel’s Database functions so that Excel can be used instead of Access
- Learn common uses for the Database functions, some of the most underutilized tools in Excel
Static and Dynamic Naming
- Discuss the rationale for using Static Names when building formulas
- Learn to create Dynamic Named Ranges, one of the most powerful concepts in Excel which allows users to automatically update graphs, Lookup functions and Pivot Tables
- Use some of Excel’s more advanced Lookup functions, including the INDEX function, and learn helpful applications for their use
- Use advanced conditional formatting tools to enhance the caliber of analytical output
- Review Excel’s security features, including some lesser-known techniques to protect a spreadsheet
- Use Excel’s Data Validation tool to restrict a cell’s contents
Members $429 plus GST
Non-members $519 plus GST
Registration deadline: Noon, March 15, 2019
Cancellations must be received by email to firstname.lastname@example.org in order to cancel event registration.
The following refund policy applies to this event:
Full refunds will be given if cancellation to CAPPA occurs prior to midnight on March 5, 2019
A 50% refund will be given if cancellation to CAPPA occurs prior to midnight on March 13, 2019
Refunds will not be given after March 13th.
A $20 administration fee is applies to full and partial refunds.
Registration, however, may be transferred to another attendee without an administration fee. Please notify CAPPA of the transfer to another attendee. The original registrant would be responsible to sort the payment out offline with the new attendee.