CAPPA Seminar: Data Manipulation with Excel for Production Accountants – Part 1
Wednesday, March 20, 2019
8:30 am – 4:00pm
Venue: University of Calgary, Downtown Campus, 906 – 8th Ave. SW, Calgary, AB
Check lobby screen for event room number.
Day of Registration: 7:45 – 8:15
Meals provided: Light breakfast snack, morning coffee break, Lunch, afternoon coffee break
Please advise of any dietary restrictions
Speaker: The Marquee Group
This hands-on course is an intensive program that will transform participants into Excel “Power Users”. The course is focused on the pertinent Excel tools that are required in a business environment to efficiently analyze and manipulate data and to create compelling financial analyses.
In this course, participants will use a mock-up of some production data to analyze and overcome common data management problems faced by Production Accountants.
The course covers intermediate and advanced level Excel topics. As such, participants should have a good working knowledge of Excel prior to taking this course.
Attendees are required to bring their laptops with Excel loaded.
- Use numerous built-in Excel functions to interpret and manipulate data
- Use Excel’s filters in conjunction with specific arithmetic functions to summarize large volumes of data
- Learn to use many features of the Advanced Filter, one of the most helpful and least utilized tools in Excel
- Incorporate widely used financial and arithmetic functions
- Use a variety of intermediate and advanced Lookup functions to efficiently extract specific information
- Learn multiple uses of the Vlookup and Offset functions, including ways to automate these functions
- Create nested formulas to expand the flexibility of various functions
- Use powerful Text functions to manipulate non-numeric variables
- Convert non-recognizable values into useable numbers with the use of Text functions
- Become proficient with Pivot Tables, one of the most powerful tools in Excel, to quickly analyze large quantities of data
- Learn to use some the most effective and lesser known Pivot Table features
Learn numerous other tips, tricks and keyboard shortcuts to increase efficiency
Members $429 plus GST
Non-members $519 plus GST
Registration deadline: Noon, March 15, 2019
Cancellations must be received by email to email@example.com in order to cancel event registration.
The following refund policy applies to this event:
Full refunds will be given if cancellation to CAPPA occurs prior to midnight on March 5, 2019
A 50% refund will be given if cancellation to CAPPA occurs prior to midnight on March 13, 2019
Refunds will not be given after March 13th.
A $20 administration fee is applies to full and partial refunds.
Registration, however, may be transferred to another attendee without an administration fee. Please notify CAPPA of the transfer to another attendee. The original registrant would be responsible to sort the payment out offline with the new attendee.