The Canadian Association of Petroleum Production Accounting is a professional association that offers an industry recognized Certificate Program and provides further opportunities for education, influences regulations, communicates information and resources, and strengthens industry standards.
CAPPA fosters relationships among its members, industry associations, regulatory bodies and educational institutions which enables members to evolve with the petroleum industry as it continues to change in terms of technology, regulations, markets and producing regions.
The objectives of the association are:
- To strengthen the profession of production accounting
- To provide a forum for those interested in the compiling and reporting of production statistics in the oil and gas industry
- To represent our industry specialization in a technical and procedural capacity with other organizations and government agencies
- To provide a quality education program that meets the needs of the individual member, the employer, and the industry as a whole in efficient production accounting practices and procedures
- To provide opportunities for members to engage in continuing education, networking, social events and business discussion